ISA Youth is a department of the Islamic Society of Ajax (ISA ) that aims to develop Muslim Canadian youth with a comprehensive understanding of Islam who can be at the forefront of Canadian community development. As a movement that aims to establish a balanced Islamic presence within the fabric of Canada, we believe our youth are best positioned to partake in the evolving process of reconciling our Islamic principles with the general principles of the Canadian culture, without subjugating one to the other.
“We need spirited, energetic and strong young people whose hearts are filled with life, enthusiasm, zeal and dynamism; whose souls are full of ambition, aspiration and vigor and have great goals, rising and aspiring to reach them until they eventually arrive at their destination.”
To a large extent, ISA Youth workers define the nature of ISA’s interaction with the Muslim community and the Canadian community at large. Consequently, ISA Youth workers understand, share, and strive to actualize the following notions:
- The ultimate objective is servitude to Allah (SWT) through devotional practice, moral existence, and service to humanity. A ISA Youth worker’s loyalty is to Allah, not to a person or group.
- The youth are the champions and the focus of our movement but ISA represents an inter-generational movement – not solely a youth movement. ISA firmly believes that the right of the youth to participate in decision-making and to assume leadership positions irrespective of gender, age or ethnicity, is an undeniable right.
- ISA Youth development programs focus on creating an environment that defines and celebrates a Canadian Muslim identity. This identity is meant to provide the Muslim youth with a frame of reference that is Islamically sound and practically relevant to our Canadian context. A “faith in action” approach and youth-led initiatives are essential to ISA Youth work. Youth activism and societal engagement are highly encouraged and perceived as a means of facilitating personal development as well as providing opportunities to apply its principles and fulfill its objectives.
Together, we strive towards equipping the Muslim Canadian youth with the tools needed to be successful in all aspects of life.
About Our Youth Programming
ISA Youth aims to create a positive environment through structured activities that will encourage youth to meet their complex needs of belonging, autonomy, sense of purpose and achievement. Through grounding youth in their faith, helping them connect to their community roots, and presenting them with opportunities to help others, ISA delivers programs to help youth achieve their full potential.
- To bring the youths back to the Masjid.
- To build their Islamic personalities and firmly establish their Islamic identity in this society.
- To increase their Islamic knowledge and strengthen their Eman.
- To make new Muslim friends, socialize and reinforce each other’s beliefs.
- To develop leadership and the spirit of teamwork.
- To accept responsibility and actively participate in TARIC programs and become our future leaders.
- To provide a halal activity for teens on a regular weekly basis at the Mosque.
- To foster caring, sharing and socializing.
ISA Youth Camps
ISA Youth offers several camp programs where participants have the opportunity to build character while enjoying the great outdoors. Through motivational talks and engaging activities, our youth develop lifelong bonds with one another and come back year after year to reawaken their inspiration as they learn to cope with the demands of everyday life.
ISA Youth camps run in the summer and winter. Whether they have a recreational or a spiritual focus, our camps are the perfect balance of sports, brotherhood & sisterhood, creative thinking, and spiritualism.